— CHALLENGE —
Destination Canada, the government tourism promotion agency, wanted to shift its marketing strategy to centre on content through a ground-breaking video influencer campaign that would resonate with the YouTube generation without leaving it's Gen X and Babyboomer audience behind. The campaign's objective was to:
- Inspire UK and German travellers to book their next adventure to Canada.
- Shift consumers' mindset from dreaming of a Canadian adventure to making a booking
- Embossing in travellers' minds that Canada is an all-season destination, where extraordinary experiences can be enjoyed all year round.
- Increase Destination Canada's content reach and relevancy in the marketplace.
- Increase sales.
— SOLUTION —
To bring Canada to life, TCO used its global network of journalists to source local influencers from the campaign's key markets and produce over 100 films, over 4 years, followed each influencer on an authentic journey of discovery, showcasing the incredible beauty of Canada. Our content has spanned food, sport, fashion and adventure.
Our mix of influencers and creative was built to reflcect insight into the local market (France, UK and Germany), as well as multiple passion points. We worked with micro-influencers like rock climbers and designers, through to mainstream influencers like UK food vlogger, John Quilter and Channel 4 'First Dates' celebrity Fred Sirieix.
— RESULTS —
For the first time in a decade Canada's growth outpaced global travel growth by 80%. 7.5% vs 4.4%, which means Canada is growing its market share.
- 3,000 miles travelled on production
- 100 pieces of content produced
- 200k viewing hours
- 200M reach, with 30M video views, 6M organic
- 50M views on Facebook
- 500k visits to content hub, 30% return visitors
- Insta audience grew from 250k to 500k
- Featured on The Guardian, Daily Mail, Die Ziet
The campaign successfully drove travellers to Canada:
- Generated $231M+ in additional tourism revenue (67:1 ROI)
- 190k content viewers booked trips to Canada
- 40k travellers converted via trade partners
- YOY Q4 Canada searches increased by 26%
- 7.9% increase in visitors from marketed countries
- 15% overall brand lift