— THE CHALLENGE —
BFI wanted a new creative look and feel for 2017’s BFI Flare: London LGBT Film Festival, the third largest film festival in the UK. TCO was asked to connect with our global network of contributors to create artwork that would support the BFI's goals of achieving revenue and occupancy targets, bringing a celebration of the best new queer cinema from around the world to London and developing the audience for BFI Flare, while retaining appeal for existing audiences.
— TCO SOLUTION —
TCO created artwork for print and digital as well as a short, animated, ident to open each of the 2017 BFI Flare screenings. Appealing to an audience that was varied in age, race, gender, sexual identity and the way they engage with the festival, TCO worked with various artists to create iconography which would provoke conversation, laughter and thought in a way that was family friendly, but in equal measure sexy and witty. The BFI Flare Festival shows work from 187 filmmakers representing 13 countries.
— AT A GLANCE —
- Brochure design, festival ident, posters, print and digital ad units and merchandise
- Ident shown at 140 screenings
- UK audiences of over 27K at BFI Southbank and through BFI Player
- YOY Increase in delegate numbers
- 187 filmmakers represented 13 countries